Wednesday, July 9

Goings On

My doctors appointment went fine. I preregistered for the hospital. The only thing is the doctor wants to schedule me for a C-section on the 13-15th and if I go into labor before then then we can go that route. I really don't want to do that. He did say we could wait till we looked at the shape of my uterus or something like that.

We ended up watching Wall E right after my doctors appointment. It was soo close because I took the time to preregister at the hospital I had to ZOOM to the theater and missed most of the credits. It was great though. I loved it.

Tuesday we did not decorate the bike. I forget exactly what we did. But Eric and I went to go see Forbidden Kingdom at the dollar theater. Then we were invited to go see Mike and Lindas new apartment so we hung around until that time. We went to the Irving Mall and got some stuff. We went to several stores and just walked around. We got some ties for Eric. And then we had lunch at a little pizza place. By then we went to Mike and Linda's saw their new bed and couch, talked for a while and then went to Eric's appointment at the church. By the time we were done it was late at night and we had spent all day out and about.

Wednesday we went to the church play date. It was at this local fast food restaurant because they have two playgrounds. He played and played and played! He loved it! We were even given a coupon for a free ice cream cone. We both liked that. And of course we brought our lunch so we did not have to pay to eat out. It worked out well. Then we got home and decorated the wagon and Jeannes wheel chair. We were all set for our fireworks and parade.

Thursday we went to our play date. Caleb liked it, but a lot of the time he was playing by himself. What a different kid!! They had some legos and he loves those so he was playing with those. We tried to get him to play a game or something with the other kids, but it was not until they pulled out a video game that he came and sat by and played with the other kids. It was nice to sit and talk with this lady though.
Then we came home and loafed around for a while. Then we packed an ice chest and went to our first fireworks. We went before dark so Caleb could play on their bounce houses and courses and stuff. Then we went to our spot and sat for the fireworks. It was pretty cool. Jeanne used her wheel chair on the way to the fireworks because we had to walk a ways. I almost overtaxed myself on that walk and Jeanne was scared of Erics driving so I used it on the way back. There is no way I would have made it back going up the hill. We went home and then went to bed. We were tired and it was late, but it was worth it.

Friday morning we got up early and got ready for our parade. Calebs wagon float worked beautifully and looked very nice. We drove down to the University and walked a very short ways to a good spot in the shade. We got there early so we could get a good spot so we had a while to wait. Then people started walking around handing out free stuff and then the parade started. Now is it just me or does everybody think that a parade should be noisy? People should be cheering and clapping and yelling! I have taken Caleb to two parades and have been disappointed with both of them! They have been completely silent!!! What is up with that?????
Anyway I was not going to sit silent for the whole thing so I was the only one who cheered for pretty much every float. Some of the other people joined for the patriotic and soldier ones but pretty much I was a one woman show! Oh well. We all enjoyed it and then we all got a little testy on the way home because we all got up early and went to bed late. But we ate at Dickeys for lunch or rather took Dickeys home and ate it there. Then we all took naps!
We got back up and loafed around for a while and then got ready to go to our second city fireworks. This one had More bounce houses and stuff. we met Mike and Linda there and Caleb enjoyed playing for along time. But Mike and Linda did not stay long at all. They left before the fire works even started. There were a lot of people there and we had no desire to stand in all that traffic we knew was coming afterward, so we got back in the car and drove to the side of the road where we could see the fireworks just fine and miss a lot of traffic on the way out. I stayed in the car but Eric and Caleb went up to the top of the hill next to us. Then it started and these were worth the wait! It was awesome. They must have spent a fortune! They were setting off 3-5 at the same time over and over again, all kinds and shapes and colors. For the LONGEST time! We kept seeing ones that looked like the finale but weren't! Then we came to the finale and it was AWESOME! It was like world war 3!
We made it home in good time and all fell into bed. I wish! No we packed up some clothes and stuff and then drove down to Corsicana. We are helping Jeanne and George move out so they no longer need to rent. So we went and got a storage shed and started boxing. They had a truck that we could use and loaded up all the heavy furniture. We ended up going to church in Corsicana, and then coming back Monday.

So now this week Caleb's soccer class started. He enjoys going but has a hard time listening and following instructions. He gets sooo excited and wants to do nothing but kick the ball and play with the other kids. But we try to teach him to listen.

Same on Tuesday, he is learning how to play soccer though. He has fair control. And then we have company coming soon so I am making a good effort to clean and organize our house. I feel confident we can do it! But we did watch spiderwick chronicles late at night. We had to stop the movie a few times to take the scary away for Caleb. But we all watched it and had a good time.

Today more cleaning and organizing. Caleb had to take a nap he was so tired. And then Soccer again. Today they actually kicked around just one ball on teams! It was so cool watching him play. He did have the same problems but he enjoyed it. We are trying to work on his skills at home too. I think that helps.

I got a pattern and some fabric for a blessing gown. I could NOT find a cheap completely white dress anywhere! So I am going to make one.
I also am having my baby shower this friday. Mike and Linda are going to the temple for their endowments Friday night. and there is a primary activity saturday. Monday I have a doctors visit. Tuesday I am taking my real estate exam, and then wednesday I am leaving to go to San Diego.
It might be a while till I post again. I hope not but I have a lot to do and I might not get to the computer as much. I have to do a lot of studying and cleaning. You read all that is going on!

No comments: