Wednesday, July 30

Good times

I went to my Ultrasound yesterday. Eric and Caleb came too. Caleb liked seeing the baby. The tech was taking a measurement of the head and he told Caleb it was the head, and Caleb said "you mean that big circle is the head? That is a big head! Why is the head so big?" We had to explain that he had a big head too when he was born. The tech is still reasonably sure it is a girl. And Lizzie has turned and is facing the right way! Now making sure she stays that way is impossible. I just have to hope she stays that way! The next thing to do is see if I go into labor before my due date. If I don't I might try and induce. My next doctors appointment is Aug 5.

This morning I took Caleb to Chuck E cheese. It was a playdate. We were a little late but it turned out to be okay. Only one other sister showed up and all her kids were older. She had a better coupon than I had, so we got 40 tokens, drinks, a pizza and two salads. Eric and I ate the salads. They had some gooood selections! And the pizza was good too. Caleb loved to run around and play the games. This is the first time we let him go and run around on his own for a little while. He is old enough to not require constant supervision now. Especially at Chuck E Cheese with their good door security.
We did go around with him a few times just to watch and help if he needed it. He had a lot of fun. And he ended up with 102 tickets. He ended up getting one of those eye glasses attached to a nose and a moustache mask thing. and some bugs of course, A snake and a lizard.

Yesterday We ended up going to Target for a while before my ultrasound. And of course Caleb wanted a toy. I said he could have a toy if he told me 5 for a small toy and 10 for a large toy letters off of a set of blocks. We have been trying to teach him the alphabet letters so he can start to learn to read. He took a long time but he managed to get it. He got this spy case toy. It has a dart shooter and a flashlight, and a spy scope, and a motion detector all worked into the case. He loves that toy! It was a good buy, and I know that he is learning the alphabet at least. We only have 16 more letters to go! I got a little coupon holder for myself. It is one of those small baseball card books, but it will work fabulously for my coupons. If this small one works and I need more room, then I might go large scale. But I have tried a couple of other methods that didn't work for me. This one is small enough to stay in my purse so I never forget them. I had that problem with one of my other methods. The cover is a pokemon toy theme so I have to cover it! But that shouldn't be too hard!
Oh okay so about the coupons. My ward had a CVS coupon night. We were taught about shopping at CVS and different things with coupons and grocery stores. CVS has this program called extra care bucks (ECB). They are coupons that can be used just like cash but only at CVS. and you get them when you purchase different items that change every week. And What is so good about this program is sometimes you can get things for free. You might pay 1.00 but you get one dollar in ECB that you spend next time. Sometimes you get them for free, if you have a coupon sometimes you even make money. And you just buy things mostly that gte you more ECB bucks or are free each week. Sometimes you don't buy anything sometimes you go back more then once. It is cool. I got some cool stuff on my first trip! I got zyrtec a 30 pack for about 5 bucks over all. I got a free glucose monitor with a coupon, and band aids for like 50 cents! Since this was y first trip I had no ECB to use so I had to pay a little more out of pocket but I spent $23 got 14 back in ECB for the next time. I had purchased some expensive stuff too. The glucose meter, the Zyrtec which is Expensive! some band aids, neosporin, and some feminine care products all for about $10. COOL! I can't wait to see if they have anything next week.

No comments: