Wednesday, February 4

I was off by 14 Dollars!

Okay while I wait to get my adjusted gross income from the IRS for last year so I can efile this year. I have time to blog. They put me on hold with an estimated wait time of 10-15 minutes! Outrageous! That is okay though I have lots of blogs to read, and my own blog to update.

Yesterday Was a doozie! Eric and I had a fun time playing catan with Terry and Elizabeth last night. We tried out this new place called free birds. It was pretty good. I have to get a picture of Erics burrito on here. It was hilarious all night!

But the doozie part came before I could escape for the night! Caleb went to the bathroom, good news: He actually used the right bathroom. Bad News: He dropped the tp and got poop all over himself. How he got THAT much poop on himself just from what he says happened I don't know! Anyway it was evident to me that he needed a bath! So I started the shower and got it warm and then got him in. He said he would have fun and he wanted a long time in it. I said we'll see and got doing my other things. I did some laundry and some other small things and then checked on him, all good. Then I went to do some dishes. I heard him yelling and yelling and calling for me so I ran to see what was wrong. I knew something was HORRIBLY wrong when I stepped in a POOL of water! not a puddle, not a little stream, a POOL! A FLOOD! I rant o the bathroom and turned off the water. I saw the toilet bubbling up, I heard Caleb open the door and a wash of water come out. I asked him what had happened and he said he sat on the drain so the water would come up but then it came up and up, and then he didn't see it was so high and he opened the door and it all came out. Wow! I grabbed some towels and started soaking up the water. I ran and grabbed some more that were close in the laundry room. I put those down and they were instantly soaked, it was so wet. I had to run down the hall and get some more! I must have used thirty towels! I got him dry and then sent him to get dressed., I continued to soak up water. I then had to get a laundry basket to get the completely soaked towels out of the way and put down more towels. Jeanne did a lot of the fine work. I just moved the heavy towels and put down more. We are still washing them all out!
So Then Eric got home from work and found me on the couch taking a break! He jokingly asked what I had done all day and I told him I cleaned up the flood! Anyway it was a doozy. Looking back I can vaguely remember Caleb saying something about sitting on the drain. I should have been listening harder! And when I sent him to his room I could see the drain pattern on his bottom! He is such a character!

3 comments:

Rachel Bendtsen said...

Sorry bout the taxes...but how was Free Birds?!? I wanna pics..!! What did yall order? I am soo sorry bout the flood. I had to laugh out loud it was so funny. I can just picture it in my head. Sorry you had to endure that. Is everything almost cleaned up now?

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

That burrito was EPIC. It will live in burrito infamy so long as we all shall live... LOL.