Wednesday, June 3

Jobs

I work at Michael's again tonight. And then again on Friday night. But I am starting to hear from my ideal Job AAFES. Army and Air force exchange service. It is a government job so some people I know who worked there said you had to commit murder practically to get fired. And they take a long time to get things done. I don't know. I have applied to a LOT of different jobs there and I am starting to get filled notices. So hopefully soon I will get an interview email. The first few job applications for AAFES I used a generic resume so I expect to be turned down for those but after that I got some help from dad and Eric and my resume was awesome so I expect to get some calls from those. In the next week or two is when I expect an email. And they do everything by email so cool! No phone calls to miss! AAFES also needs a typing test for some of their jobs. And I went and took that one yesterday. I did so well! I knew I typed pretty fast. I found some online typing test and found out around 40 a minute. I started practicing on a full size keyboard instead of a laptop size. I went and took it and it was super easy and I got to take it three times and I worked up to 53 words per minute with 94% accuracy! That is sooo better then I thought I could do! I am so excited. The jobs require 40 and so by getting 53 I am well more qualified! I am so optimistic.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I would not do well working for Michaels. I'd spend too much! I did work for AFFES at there BX. It was a great job. One great thing, being on base, you get to shop at the BX. Fantastic prices. I wish I knew then what I know now. Congradulations on the typing test. I'm a snails pace.

Rachel Bendtsen said...

Good luck! I hope you get it!