Thursday, April 24

Too much work!

For Jeannes birthday which was monday, we decided to fix up her room. She has always wanted a purple room for herself but she would never paint the bedroom purple because George would not let her. Well You know me and George. I said I'll do it and he can just be mad at me! I don't care! I didn't actually tell her what we were doing we had to wait till she left and we have been working on it since tuesday. Tuesday I Emptied the room all the way, went and got some spackle and some plastic to lay on the floors, and patched the holes in the walls. Wednesday, I primed the walls which were nasty dirty and yellowish. Then I primed the part I could reach of the closet. I didn't want to lift the ladder to the room. I used a whole gallon of kilz primer. I also pulled off this old bad looking door stop on the wall we were going to put a baseboard door stop, and low and behold there was a BIG hole behind it!!! I was at home depot already that day, I thought about getting a patch just in case but decided against it. Man! I should have learned by now, if it can go wrong it will! So I had to go back But the walls looked SOOOO much better. That itself raised the value of our house by at least 5000 maybe more! Then Today I had Eric bring in the ladder and get me more paint. We have this big 5 gallon bucket I was not even going to try to lift! So Then I painted the little bay window seating area with it's drawers. I painted the shelves and the rest of the walls in the closet. I even did a second coat. I had to, apparently painting the closet was too much work when they did the rest of the walls and the closet was the original pink color! So that needed a few coats of paint.
Wednesday night we went to Becky's for Aarons first birthday! It was fun. When we were singing to aaron I think we were singing a little too loud because he was looking at all of us and he looked like he was about to start crying because he thought we were yelling at him!!! Poor aaron. He did not really play with the cake at all. And then I learned today that Miek and Linda were on their way tot he party but didn't make it because they had an accident. They told Rach they weren't hurt and not to worry and don't ruin the party. And she took that as don't tell anybody, so Mom and Dad didn't find out till an hour after the accident that they had had one. They were so mad. I have to say I would be too.
I am going to the church tonight for Relief Society and to talk to a counselor about a calling. I wonder what it will be. I think Primary. I had met the Primary president before and she was desperate for people and she perked up when She found out I was joining the ward!

No comments: