Monday, March 16

Long time gone fast!

It has been a long time since I posted but it has gone by very fast. I am working outside to get our garden ready this week. You wonder why I have all this free time? Spring Break! Yes the time that most everybody deserts their states (like my family who is in the Dominican Republic!!!! You stink Mom! LOL) and goes on vacation I am still here in Texas getting my garden ready. My arms hurt!
I have to move some old wood we have and then pick out the bits that won't go well in the garden plastic and all that just isn't good for the plants, go figure! I also had to trim some of the trees and the sidewalk so we could actually walk around it. And then later I have to get the free lumber I was talking about before and outline the garden area. We are going to mulch this year so hopefully it will go better. Apparently we were like the only ones in Texas to not know you have to mulch or everything will die! And we got the approved varieties of some vegetables we like so they have been proven to grow in Texas! It is NOT HOPELESS this year!
I am also going to be starting an herb garden. I have found my absolute favorite herb to grow (to grow, not to use) which is called lemon Thyme. It smells soooo good! Only because I love the lemon smell so much. But I LOVE it! I like to crush some of the leaves and just smell it all day!
I have lost some weight! I lost last weeks competition but I did lose some weight! I am going to whoop her butt though this week! She is in the land of Temptation. Well one anyway, known as the ALL-INCLUSIVE Resort! HE-HE-HE We'll see who has lost weight at the end of this week! LOL
I am hopefully going to go see the pre-screening of the movie Knowing for free tonight. Although If Eric doesn't get back soon we might not make it in time. We might not make it in time to get good seats anyway. They say some of these things have people standing in line for hours. We will see. This is my first one so I will get the feel of it tonight.

1 comment:

Rachel Bendtsen said...

Don't feel bad Jenn. I didn't know you had to mulch everything or else it would die either. At least now I know for the future. lol. I wanna see a pic when you finish planting everythinng. Is Caleb helping out? I love ya.